SMALL DETAILS BIG IMPRESSIONS
This is a great idea and sew – (sorry could not resist the pun:-) – easy to do. This seasons colour is Green try this idea on an emerald silk/satin for an on trend look as well as adding a little bling to your decor. Not a comfortable lounging cushion ’tis true but the studs really add texture so different to smooth sequins or Diamant.
It’s small details like this that make an impact in interiors.
Originally posted on M&J Blog:
When sew-on studs entered our store, we knew that we had to use them and adding some edge to our home decor was exactly what we had in mind. We’ve always loved studded throw pillows when we see them in furniture stores and we knew it was now time to make our own!
Sew-on studs (in store)
1. Determine what pattern you want to create with the studs ahead of time.
2. Thread your needle and insert it into the pillow.
3. Sew your first stud onto the needle and push it to the bottom of the thread on the pillow.
4. Sew the thread through the pillow close to the end of the stud and to the point where the next stud will lay.
5. Continue this until you’ve sewn all of your studs and you’ve created a studded throw pillow!